Principal's Weekly E-Blast
Week of February 20, 2018 (See email for active links and attachments)
Dear Lincoln Families,
I hope you enjoyed your long weekend with family and friends.
• Book Fair is coming back! I encourage you to sign-up to volunteer at the Book Fair by clicking here. The store will be open on 2/26-3/2.
• Attendance matters. At Lincoln, we take attendance seriously because we believe it is one of the most important skills a child can learn. Yes, that's right...daily attendance is a skill. It requires perseverance, organization, and consistency. To encourage being on-time and attending daily, we will be distributing raffle tickets to the first 100 students on certain days and acknowledging students who attend everyday for two weeks (random drawing school-wide). Great attendance begins with you...thank you for your support.
• Walk with the principal on Wednesday, February 28 @ 7:50AM! We will meet at the corner of Green Lane and Plant Avenue. Be sure to check-in at the front of school with the welcome booth provided by Beach Cities Health District.
• We have two upcoming RBEF events that support dollars into our school. I encourage you to attend the St. Patrick's Day 5K Run/Community Walk @ Redondo Beach on Saturday, March 17. Additionally, please consider attending the RBEF Spring Gala on Friday, May 4th at the Portofino Inn. Thank you for your consideration.
• Spring is nearly here and it is time to clean out the closet...but before you throw out those markers...put them in a bag and bring them to the Colorcycle Box located just inside the Lincoln front office. Thank you for supporting this effort to keeping tons of plastic out of landfills each year. Don't throw out that used marker...ColorCycle it!
• Curious if you already purchased a yearbook earlier this year? Please stop by the Lincoln front office where the list of students who have pre-ordered is posted on the inner front door. This does not include yearbooks purchased in the last two weeks. You can also email here to verify. If you would like to pre-order, click here. You are only guaranteed a yearbook if you pre-order.
• Want to put a tribute in the yearbook? See attached Tribute Flyer.