Principal's Weekly E-Blast
See Weekly E-Blast via email for attachments...
Dear Lincoln Families,
Annnnnd we're back! I am thrilled to be returning as your principal for the third year at Lincoln Elementary School. This Monday, we will welcome our Lincoln families at the Back to School Kickoff from 4:00-7:00PM hosted by PTA. Come on down to learn who your child's teacher is and enjoy some family-fun activities. Speaking of PTA, I encourage you to join! For two years, we have had 100% PTA membership (600+ members) and I had to camp out on campus and then I had to receive a water balloon barrage from every single student on campus. I pray for a down year...but something tells me I won't get it. Lincoln Pride!
This principal's newsletter comes early for your convenience at the start of the year. Future newsletters will come each week on Sunday at 5PM.
• Attention Kindergarten parents. There are important procedures for the first day of school. Please review the attached letter and schedule from our Kindergarten teachers to support you.
• Valets needed! We are in need of parent volunteers to support traffic flow in the morning. This is essential for the number one priority at school: our children's safety. To volunteer, please CLICK HERE. Also, please take a moment to review the attachment "How to Use Valet," as it is important we work together to keep our children safe.
• PTA mailed home a welcome back package with everything you need to begin the year. See attached for digital copy.
• Haven't purchased school supplies yet? No worries! CLICK HERE to order grade level kits for your teacher. 10% of all orders are donated back to Lincoln Elementary.
• We are in need of one new School Site Council member...if you are interested in running for membership, please click here. School Site Council meets 4-5 times per year in order to advise and approve the school's strategic plan (also called the Single Plan for Student Achievement).
• The 2019-2020 Lincoln Parent/Student handbook is updated and available on the website. I encourage you to review it with your child(ren) before school begins. Available as attachment as well.
• Walking School Bus is in need of a 19-20 coordinator for this year. It is a great opportunity to revive this program that supports groups of students/parents working together to walk a route to school. Reach out to me if you are interested.
• Kinder and K-1 Combo Back to School Night will take place on Thursday, August 22 @ 5PM. For grades 1-5, Back to School Night will take place on Thursday, September 5 @ 5PM. This is an opportunity to meet your child(ren)'s teacher, learn about classroom needs, and understand the instructional environment.
• RBUSD schools offer daily breakfast and lunch options for students. Students may be on a daily basis, or money can be put onto your child’s lunch account. Please CLICK HERE to find out more information as well as find a link to “My School Bucks” and to access your child’s lunch account.
• Get your 2019-20 spirit wear! Our Spirit Store is open until September 5th at midnight. CLICK HERE to check out the store. All orders placed will be delivered to your child's classroom 3-4 weeks after the store closes.
• A blizzard of books is headed your way! An ARCTIC ADVENTURE awaits your child as we launch our Fall Book Fair, August 30 - September 6. We could use a few helping hands to make this event a success. Please CLICK HERE to see where you can help.
• Please consider a contribution to the Redondo Beach Education Foundation (RBEF) to raise the bar of our school. Last year, Lincoln RBEF had 39% participation and raised over $77,000 (1st place in the Redondo Beach) to help our students with opportunities in science, music, arts, sports, math, and college preparation. Invest in our children today! CLICK HERE to donate.
• After school enrichment activities will be coming shortly for Fall 2019. Stay tuned for the list!
Every year, I ask our families to help us in three important ways. First and foremost, support home practice, whether reading with your child, solving math on Eureka, or encouraging your child to write. Second, become involved in the PTA. Your membership is critical, but your volunteerism makes great things happen for our kids. Finally, give what you can to the Redondo Beach Education Foundation (RBEF). RBEF contributes to the strong core of programs, whether science, music, or critical materials at RBUSD. Have a great school year!