Principal's Weekly E-Blast
See E-Blast for Live Links
Dear Lincoln Families,
We hope you are enjoying the 3 day weekend and the great weather that has come along with it. Please take the time to read all of the information below. If you have a moment please read about RBEF, and take the time to make your contribution this weekend. We can get an additional $25,000!!!
We are TWO days away from the end of the annual RBEF Investor Drive "blitz" campaign. At the district level, we are at $347,553 right now, with a target of $700,000.
Thank you to the 64 Lincoln families who already donated to secure PE Teachers, Music teachers, Teacher grants, and so much more!
What can you do to help?
1) Consider donating! While the "ask" is $250 per student, the higher the participation numbers, regardless of the donation amounts, helps RBEF get corporate dollars donated. Your donations as parents will help RBEF secure corporate donations for support of the RBEF-funded enrichment programs. You can donate with monthly installments or you can do a pledge if this month is tough. Donate today at rbef.org or text RBEFLINC at 44-321. Help us raise $75,000 in the next 2 days and RBEF’s Business Partner CLEAR RECOVERY CENTER will make a $25,000.00 donation to RBEF!
2) You can support without money! Follow RBEF social media, and like, share, and/or comment on posts.
3) Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for participating in a "We are Redondo" picture
Have any question about RBEF or how to support?
Our Lincoln RBEF Advocates will host a Q&A Zoom on Monday 09/28 7:00-7:30 PM
Meeting ID: 777 9485 6442
Please see the attached Parent Letter from our amazing Lincoln counselor, Ms. Puentes.
UCLA Psychology Fall 2020 Newsletter:
This newsletter has some great articles to help support your parents at home navigating distance learning. Please see the attachment.
Back2School Community Event:
Please see the attached flyer for a FREE event. Please note that supplies are limited and children must be present for this drive-through event.
Child Nutrition Services:
I want to encourage all Lincoln families to apply for Free/Reduced Meal Status. This application is essential in ensuring that students who qualify have access to daily healthy meals. I want to share that there are many other non-nutritional benefits students may receive from their participation in the national meal program. Some additional benefits include a significant reduction in the cost of AP Exams, SAT tests, college applications, and public bus passes to name a few. RBUSD Child Nutrition has already provided applications to families, but I want to encourage all Lincoln families to apply using this link: MealApplicationLink
The PTA would like to thank Kinecta and all the families that came out for the socially-distanced ice cream event this week! We hope you had a great time seeing all those friendly, masked, Lincoln faces! Join the PTA today to keep fun, family programs like this happening!
Looking for some Halloween, family-friendly fun? Join us on Friday, 10/23 for Lincoln Family Art Night: Halloween Edition! Sequoia Blue Arts will be hosting a Spooky Tissue Paper Lantern activity that is sure to be SPOOKTACULAR! Please see the attached flyer for registration and payment details.
MEMBERSHIP UPDATES - Join the PTA today
We have 451 members as of Friday! Our goal for the PTA 100 Club is 640 members--less than 200 to go!! If we reach our goal, Mrs. Nakayama will participate in a series of Minute-to-Win-It challenges themed to PTA programs! And don't worry, we'll document it all for the world to see!
HUGE thanks to our Lincoln Lion who came by every Kinecta ice cream truck stop! Either this lion loves ice cream, or REALLY wants a name! Classes that have 100% PTA membership, will earn a chance to name the Lincoln Lion! The leaderboard has shifted this week, and kinder families are leading the charge! Our new leading classes are (drum roll....):
- Price 65%
- Chao 62%
- Collingwood 58%
MORE PTA OFFERINGS:
The 2020-21 PTA Reflections program is underway! If your child is passionate about art, music, dance, film, writing, or photography, encourage them to participate in this year's PTA Reflections program to share and celebrate their talent. Everything you need to know can be accessed through the Lincoln Elementary website. Please note the important dates and information below:
- September 1 through November 1, students can enter the Reflections theme search for 2022-23 here!
- October 15 is the deadline to submit entries for this year's Reflections program. The program is 100% virtual this year. Submission guidelines for each category are attached here and students can submit their work via this Google Form.
- Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Thank you to our Room Parent Coordinator, Angelika Cullers, and all of the 2020-21 Room Parents for coming together this week to start planning for the year. We appreciate you, Team Room Parents!!!!
HUGE thank you to 5th grade parent, Vaishaki Lahoti for providing the digital back-to-school frames! Be on the lookout for an email from your Room Parent with your CUSTOM digital class frame!
Stay connected. Follow Lincoln PTA on Facebook!
Community Announcement from California PTA:
You count! So, please make sure you're counted in the census. It only takes a few minutes!
Lincoln Families In Need:
If you would like to help a Lincoln family in need, please consider purchasing an extra School Tool Box and have it sent to the school c/o Mrs. Nakayama.